Nature trail

FiliTour No. 11: Hof Streglia

Der Hof Streglia ist einer der letzten beiden Bauernhöfe im Dorfkern Filisur.
Die Inschrift auf der Giebelfassade ist Programm auf dem Hof Streglia.

Show all 8 images

Horizontale Sgraffito-Bänder verweisen auf die Etagengliederung.

FiliTour No. 11: Hof Streglia

Dorfstr. 59, 7477 Filisur

Description

A room full of books - the parish library

From 1650 to 1833 the house belonged to the Parish of Leonhardi in Grisons. It also comes from Johannes Christian Leonhardi, who was born in 1671 – one of the most publishing-loving Bündner theologians of the 17th and 18th centuries. He is said to have written in German, Romance, English and Italian. Today, the Leonhardi family is still found in the US state of Colorado, where his descendants emigrated.

The house passed into the possession of the Parish family Salis-Florinett in 1833. Father Salis was also a farmer and was responsible for the breeding animal, which as a parish animal covered all cows in the village. 

1920, the great-uncle of the current owner bought the house. He found upstairs a room full of books from the years 1590 to 1812, the Salian Parish Library. The supposedly old Plunder was disposed of, only about 60 books escaped destruction. Among other things, a valuable Engadine Bible from 1743 was saved.

In the audio, farmer Wolfgang Schutz talks about his work and the advantages and disadvantages of a farm in the middle of the village.

Map

Responsible for this content Verein Parc Ela.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.