FiliTour Nr. 14: House Ambühl
Show all 8 images
Long separated, finally united
The striking semi-detached house at the eastern entrance to the village was built by Michael Jost for his two sons Peter and Betrami in 1672. It impresses with its symmetrical gable facade and the mighty round arch niche, which encompasses the two susreportals.
In semi-detached houses, strict attention was paid to the separation of households. This led to complicated passages into the stables in the basement. Unusually, the two separate Cuort accesses are next to each other on the same side. The way to the stable of the left part of the house leads around the cuort of the right half of the house. This was also recorded in the land register. This made it difficult for the Ambühl family, who were already in possession of the left part of the house, to expand after buying the right part of the house.
In the audio Hanni Ambühl tells how it was possible to delete the passage rights and rebuild the house according to her ideas.
Responsible for this content Verein Parc Ela.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.