FiliTour Nr. 9: Chesa Jakob Schutz
Show all 8 images
Protection against demolition by phone
In the 1960s, a hotelier from Flims wanted to buy the house and demolish it. He was after the richly decorated buffet of 1667 with friezes and inlays, which he wanted to install in his hotel. Jakob Schutz, the mayor of Filisur at the time, knew how to prevent the demolition. He called the head of the Department of Justice and Police, who immediately placed the house under monument protection. The hotelier was angry and set the condition that he would only buy the house if he was allowed to demolish the stable. This was allowed and so he could at least use the stable beams for the hotel construction in Flims.
In 1965, the architect von Senger from La Punt bought the house. He renovated it and offered it to Jakob Schutz for sale. He did not hesitate long and bought the house he had saved. Since then it has been owned by the Schutz family.
Nursery Protection Filisur
Father Jakob Schutz senior came to Filisur in 1898 as a simple gardener to look after the gardens for the better-off families. This was the laying of the foundation stone for today's Schutz, which also breeds the Engadine hanging elks.
In the audio, Christian Schutz, one of today's company patrons, explains how the successful family business came into being. The audio file can be found at the back of the pictures.
Responsible for this content Verein Parc Ela.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.