Kirche St. Johannes, Stugl/Stuls

On a small, rocky hill in Stugl/Stuls stands the Romanesque church of St. Johannes. The church is surrounded by a walled cemetery.


Inside, there are well-preserved Gothic murals by an unknown Italian master from the school of Giotto di Bondone. They cover the entire interior of the church in three strips and were probably built around 1360/70.
More detailed information on the Church of St. John can be found in the book by Ludmila Seifert and Leza Dosch: "Kunstführer durch Graubünden", Scheidegger & Spiess, Zurich 2008, p. 154

Opening hours

Open during the day


Public Transport

- Stugl/Stuls, village


Responsible for this content Verein Parc Ela.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.