Point of interest Albula
Parish Church of Son Francestg
Show all 5 images
Between 1643 and 1648, Capuchins built the Franciscan Church. Giulio Rigaja, a native of Roveredo (Misox), works as a builder here. In 1647, the Feldkircher master Johann Rudolf Sturn equipped the interior with a whole series of important frescoes to create scenes from the life of Francis of Assisi. In 1662 he gilded the tabernacle. The local master Antonius Tini (from Tiefencastel) carves the choir stall. On 27 June 1663, the solemn consecration in honour of St. Francis was celebrated by Bishop Ulrich VI of Mont from Chur, who in the same year inaugurated no less than seven churches in Mittelbünden. In 1911, a lightning strike shattered the tower helmet and parts of the roof. In the same year, the restoration took place in a slightly modified form. The church as well as the vicarage form a stylistic unity with a steep roof.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Savognin Bivio Albula AG .
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.