Pfarrkirche Son Francestg
Show all 5 images
Between 1643 - 1648 Capuchins built the Franciscan Church. Giulio Rigaja, who comes from Roveredo (Misox), acts as the master builder here. In 1647, the Feldkirch master Johann Rudolf Sturn furnished the interior with a whole series of important frescoes depicting scenes from the life of Francis of Assisi. In 1662 he gilded the tabernacle. The local master Antonius Tini (from Tiefencastel) carves the choir stalls. On June 27, 1663, the solemn consecration in honor of St. Francis takes place by the Bishop of Chur, Ulrich VI de Mont, who inaugurated no less than seven churches in Mittelbünden in the same year. In 1911, a lightning strike destroyed the spire and parts of the roof. In the same year, the restoration took place in a slightly modified form. The church as well as the rectory form a stylistic unit with a steep hipped roof.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Savognin Bivio Albula AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.