Bivio Evangelical Church
Show all 4 images
The Italian language had already become native to Bivio at the beginning of the 16th century due to the strong immigration from the Bergell. In 1584, a part of the Bivians adopted the new faith, which reinforced the influence of Italian. Several centenarians lived in good agreement between Catholics and Protestants and used the existing Gallus Church together. Conditions changed when the Capuchins took over pastoral care in Bivio in 1631. A certain reluctance towards the Capuchins became apparent among the Protestant people, since they were regarded as exponents of the counter-reformed. And in the following three decades, the confessional relations of the municipality of Bivio became the main point of contention of the Three Federations. The Evangelical Synod, the Cathedral Chapter in Chur and finally the Covenant Day dealt time and again with the presence of the Fathers in the Bivio, with the question of the use of the Gallsu Church as well as the cemetery. Hotheads on both sides repeatedly stoked the confessional Steit, seeking help and support from foreign brothers of faith in the Three Federations and the Swiss Confederation. At the height of the conflicts in the early summer of 1657, when on the one hand the number of soldiers to be offered and stockpiled ammunition was already determined, little would have been lacking that the Anglegneheit had expanded into a religious war. At a Federal Day of the Three Covenants in Chur (on 9 August 1657), the decades-long dispute over the Galluskirch came to an end. The Reformed renounced their rights to the Galluskiche, were allowed to build a hall for the doctrine of God in a private house, and the Catholics ced the bell from the hospice of St. Peter on the Septimer. The hall does not seem to have pleased the Bivians and they later built a church.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Savognin Bivio Albula AG .
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.