The Catholic parish church of St. Calixtus was built in 1513-1519 on the remains of a Carolingian church first mentioned around 814. In the choir there is a masterfully carved late Gothic winged altar, which is considered to be the most important Graubünden. Due to landslides, the church tower is skewed. The castle ruins "Belfort" is an imposing complex, built in 1228-31 by the Lords of Vaz, in a lower and upper castle. It was stormed and burned down in 1499 during the Swabian War. In 2002-07 the ruins were restored and can be visited. The village image of Alvaschein/Alvaschagn has been awarded as a "local image with national significance".
Responsible for this content Verein Parc Ela.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.