Church of Nossadonna
Show all 3 images
The then-building pastor Francesco Maria da Vigevano oversaw the painting of St. Mary's Church (1682).
The history of St. Mary's Church is related to the outbreak of the domestic plague in the autumn of 1629. For several years a Franciscan from France, Father Petrus de Jegu, worked here. On October 18, 1629, at the father's urging, in the face of the visitation, the congregation vowed to build a church in honor of the Immaculate Conception.
The Nossadonna (St. Mary's Church) was consecrated in 1643 by Bishop John VI. The altar contained therein was erected in honor of the Immaculate Conception. Today, classical concerts are occasionally held in the church.
The St. Mary's Church is the only one heated in winter, so the divine service in winter always takes place in this church.
By PostBus from Chur to Savognin or by Rhaetian Railway to Tiefencastel and from there by PostBus to Savognin.
Take the Thusis Süd exit and continue in the direction of St. Moritz to Savognin.
At the Savognin cable cars or at the school. Please note the signs.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Savognin Bivio Albula AG .
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.