Church of Son Martegn
Show all 4 images
The church of Son Martegn in Savognin was consecrated in 1677. In the centre of the vault you can see the beautiful ceiling painting "La Gloria del Paradiso".
The present church was consecrated in 1677. It is the third sacral building at this point and dominates the village picture, especially impressive when it shines high up from black night. Above the floor plan of a Greek cross rises a flat dome, which is completely painted. Here the two brothers Nuvolone design a magnificent picture of the city of the chosen theme of the over 100m2 painting is the vision of the heavenly Jerusalem. Walls and 12 gates enclose the city. This church is one of the most impressive art experiences in the Surses, because of the ceiling painting. The seven concentric circles create the illusion of a high-rise round-top and symbolize paradise.
By PostBus from Chur to Savognin or by Rhaetian Railway to Tiefencastel and from there by PostBus to Savognin.
Take the Thusis Süd exit and continue in the direction of St. Moritz to Savognin.
At the Savognin cable cars or next to the church. Please note the signage on site.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Savognin Bivio Albula AG .
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.