Parish Church of Son Carlo Borromeo
Show all 3 images
An important witness to the Baroque construction boom of 1677. With the beautiful facade and the pointed helmet on the tower. Bishop Ulrich Vl. consecrated the church in 1677. The five-yoke baroque hall building received the patrozinium of St. Carlo Borromeo. It is completed by a two-yoke choir and supplemented by two side bands. The church was renovated in 1980.
precursor buildings to the present church are attested to 1392 and 1506. The 10 000 knights for the main altar and St. Gaudentius for the side altar are mentioned as patrozinien. Today, no traces can be traced of the building and interior of the previous church. The late Gothic winged altar, last kept in the leghouse in Cunter, now adorns the altar of the Seminary of St. Luzi in Chur. The five-yoke baroque hall building, which was built in 1677, received the patrozinium of St. Carlo Borromeo. It is completed by a two-yoke choir and supplemented by two side bands. The building appears particularly bright due to the high-lying row of windows. The high altar with a Godfather painting in the gable as well as the pulpit with chest-like body and hall-like sound lid are a product from the construction period (last third of the 17th century). Presumably it was the patrician families of the Underwegen, Scarpatetti and Dosch, who live in Cunter, who paid special attention to the old and new church building with foundations and donations, because in addition to donated church equipment, the grave slabs of several family members of the mentioned sexes adorn the interior of the church. During the 1980 renovation under the supervision of the cantonal monument protection of Graubünden, no decisive new building history data were found.
By PostBus from Chur to Cunter or by train from Chur to TIefencastel. From there take the PostBus to Cunter.
Take the Thusis exit and head towards Savognin.
At the old schoolhouse. Please note the signaling on site.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Savognin Bivio Albula AG .
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.