Show all 3 images
Tinizong is first mentioned in Roman times as Tinnetione in the Itinerarium Antonini. In Carolingian times, Tinizong was the seat of a royal court. In the late Middle Ages until 1834, the village with the port played an important position as a transit point for pass traffic. With the decision of the Grand Council of 1834 to abolish the port duties and the transport privileges, Tinizong lost its important position as a place of transport and transhipment. In 1610 a fire destroyed the main part of the village and parts of the Blasius Church from the 9th century. In 1631, the Capuchins took over the parish. Among them was the present-day worth seeing Baroque building. The precious Gothic winged altar dates back to 1512,
In the Val d'Err, manganese ores (steel refiners) were mined, including the very rare ores tincenite, parsettensite and sursassite, whose names indicate their origin.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Savognin Bivio Albula AG .
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.