805 Preda-Bergün sledge run
Show all 4 images
First, the Rhaetian Railway train twists its way through loop tunnels and over viaducts on its upward journey. The journey is simply stunning and quite breathtaking – not least because it is on a route that legends are made of and one which has been a UNESCO World Heritage site since 2008. From the train you can see the tobogganers making their way down into the valley.
Starting 1,800 metres above sea level in Preda, this route takes you 400 altitude metres downhill to Bergün – a tobogganing experience you will not forget in a hurry. The route winds its way with great views of the Maiensäss settlement of Naz and the surrounding mountains. It wends its way under the viaducts and through the winter landscape towards Bergün, where the route slowly flattens out. This route runs along a closed pass road with an even gradient that makes it ideal for tobogganing. As the longest illuminated toboggan run in Europe, it is also suitable for families with children, but caution is advised at the curves.
The sledging run is illuminated at night from Tuesday to Sunday - a special experience for everyone!
- Always remain seated when sledding.
- Wear warm clothes and sturdy footwear.
- Smart sledders wear helmets.
- Small children must be accompanied by an adult.
- No mechanical brakes or plastic bobs allowed.
- Do not sled face down or tie several sleds together.
- No dogs allowed.
- Do not run up the sled run.
- Adjust your speed accordingly.
- What to do in an accident: Secure the accident site. Provide First Aid. Call for help.
- Take note of any emergency signalling. Do not obstruct the ambulance.
Sleds can be hired in Bergün at the following retailers:
Veja Alvra 46
Tel. +41 (0)81 407 11 65
- Bergün in the centre of the village
- Preda at the train station
Veja Stazion 11
Tel. +41 (0)78 642 59 51
- Bergün near the train station
- Preda near the Hotel Kulm
- Regional trains (incl. sled transport):
Daily 09.14 - 22.17 every hour.
- Sledge trains:
Mon 10.47 - 15.47 hourly
Tue-Thu+Sun 10.47 - 17.47 hourly
Fri+Sat 10.47 - 20.47 hourly
Responsible for this content Bergün Filisur Tourism.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.