The Catholic parish church of St. Calixtus was built in 1513-1519 on the remains of a Carolingian church first mentioned around 814. In the choir stands a masterfully carved late Gothic winged altar, which is considered the most important in Graubünden. Due to landslides, the church tower is crooked. The castle ruin "Belfort" is an imposing complex, divided into a lower and an upper castle, built in 1228-31 by the Lords of Vaz. It was stormed and burned down in 1499 during the Swabian War. In 2002-07 the ruins were restored and can be visited. The villagescape of Alvaschein/Alvaschagn was awarded as a "townscape of national importance".
Ferienregion Lenzerheide / Voa principala 37, 7078 Lenzerheide
Responsible for this content Verein Parc Ela.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.