Pfarrkirche Son Giera
Show all 7 images
A great mix of styles characterizes this church: Romanesque nave, late Gothic choir and tower, rosary chapel and ossuary from the Baroque period and vestibule from the end of the 19th century.
St. George's Church had its first documentary mention around 1290. The lower part of the tower and the perimeter walls of the nave still bear witness to the Romanesque building. The late Gothic choir (1498) and the vaulting of the nave (1501) are both the work of the master Peter of Bamberg. Of particular importance for the history of the parish of Salouf remains the work of the Capuchins, who provided pastoral care here from 1637-1653 and after a long interruption from 1750-1949.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Savognin Bivio Albula AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.