Historic Altsdtadt Albula

Alvaneu/Alvagni

img_4kq_cijijcgi
The baroque church (built 1697/1698), tastefully restored houses with paintings and sgraffiti, ornately forged window and balcony grilles or the sulfur springs are just some of the treasures in Alvaneu/Alvagni.

Alvaneu/Alvagni

Info- und Buchungsstelle Parc Ela / Stradung 42, 7460 Savognin

Description

The village is located on the south-eastern slope of Piz Mulain and consists of two factions: Alvaneu village/Alvagni Vitg, located on a sun terrace above the Albula Valley and Alvaneu Bad/Alvagni Bogn in the bottom of the albula. Since the 17th century, Alvaneu village /Alvagni Vitg is known for its art forge. The famous forged grave crosses in the cemetery of the St. Mary's Church of Lantsch/Lenz come from here. Today, the centuries-old art forge tradition is continued by the local Roman Platz. By appointment, the workshop and exhibition rooms can be visited. The sulphur springs in Alvaneu Bad/Alvagni Bogn are among the oldest baths in Switzerland, together with the mineral spring of St. Moritz Bad. In 2001, the modern bath was built with wellness facilities. In 1997, the golf course was expanded to 18 holes, with a clubhouse right next to the bathroom. He was awarded the 1st Swiss Golf Award 2007.

Directions

Directions

Alvaneu village, village square

Map

Responsible for this content Verein Parc Ela.
This content has been translated automatically.