Felsenfest Parc Ela in Bivio | Sunday, August 4th

 

More information

Church Surses

Evangelische Kirche Bivio

img_4kq_fdjebddj
img_4kq_fdjebcjh

Show all 4 images

img_4kq_fdjebcie
As the last sacred building on the Julier route before the ascent to the top of the pass, the Evangelical church of Bivio sets a sign of Christian faith.

Description

The Italian language had already become native to Bivio at the beginning of the 16th century due to the strong immigration from bergell. In 1584, a part of the Bivians adopted the new faith, which further strengthened the influence of Italian. For several decades, Catholics and Protestants lived in good agreement and used the existing Gallus Church together. The situation changed when in 1631 the Capuchins took over the pastoral care in Bivio. A certain reluctance towards the Capuchins became noticeable among the Protestant people, as they were regarded as exponents of the Counter-Reformed. And in the following three decades, the confessional relations of the municipality of Bivio became the main point of contention of the Three Leagues. The Protestant Synod, the Cathedral Chapter in Chur and finally the Bundstag repeatedly dealt with the presence of the Fathers in bivio, with the question of the use of the Gallsu Church as well as the cemetery. Hotheads on both sides repeatedly stirred up the confessional Steit, whereby help and support were sought from foreign co-religionists in the Three Covenants and in the Confederation. At the height of the conflicts in the early summer of 1657, when on the one hand the number of soldiers to be deployed and ammunition supplies were already determined, little would have been missing that the fishing would have expanded into a religious war. At a covenant meeting of the Three Leagues in Chur (on 9 August 1657), the decades-long dispute over the Galluskirch came to an end. The Reformed renounced their rights to the Galluskiche, were allowed to build a hall in a private house for the Divine Servant and the Catholics ceded the bell from the hospice of St. Peter on the Septimer. The hall does not seem to have pleased the Bivians and they later built a church.

Map

Responsible for this content Tourismus Savognin Bivio Albula AG.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.