Kapelle St. Placidus & St. Rochus Alp Flix
Show all 6 images
The Walsers, who settled in Alp Flix around the middle of the 14th century, are likely to be considered the builders of this chapel. Originally the chapel was dedicated to Saints Placidus and Sigisbertus, later Saint Roch, the saviour of plague and plague, was chosen as the titular saint.
At the beginning or middle of the 15th century, the Walser colony had developed into an important settlement: at this time the four farms Las Curts, Tga Lucas, Tga d'meir and Salategnas are already attested and in the person of Thomas Jäger a local pastor can be proven. The plague epidemic of 1629/30 must also have decimated the Walser and a short time later the Walser Flix gave up as an annual settlement completely and used it from now on only as a Maiensäss.
The construction time of the present chapel cannot be determined due to missing documents. The chapel, a building facing east, a square choir with barrel vault, nave covered with barrel and a dwelling for the pastor, characterize the complex.
The wooden altar (dated 1660), a simple essay with two columns, a good work that is still preserved in the original version. The altarpiece depicts Mary in the clouds with the patron saints (Rochus and Placidus). On the ground floor of the pastor's apartment is the sacristy with a tower stove and a cupboard buffet, in which the pastor's bed was furnished. On the second floor (above the sacristy) note the panelled parlour. A tower is missing. On the north gable of the pastor's apartment is an open bell yoke with a gable roof. The bell bears the inscription: Conrad-Rist-Hauptmann-Cum-Eisenbols-Last-Mich-Giesen-1631. In the years 1982/83, under the supervision of the federal and cantonal monument preservation, the church was restored and the state from the 17th century was restored by the demolition of the western extension.
With the PostBus from Chur to Sur or with the Rhaetian Railway to Tiefencastel. From there take the PostBus to Sur. In Sur, during the summer season, the Alpin bus runs, which takes guests to Alp Flix.
Drive to Sur and continue towards Alp Flix.
Shortly before Alp Flix. Parking is subject to a charge.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Savognin Bivio Albula AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.