Show all 3 images
Francesco Maria da Vigevano, who was keen to build at the time, supervised the painting of St. Mary's Church (1682).
The history of St. Mary's Church is linked to the outbreak of the insidious plague in the autumn of 1629. For some years now, a Franciscan from France, Father Petrus de Jegu, had been working here. At the insistence of the Father, in the face of the Visitation, the congregation vowed on October 18, 1629, to build a church in honor of the Immaculate Conception.
The Nossadonna (St. Mary's Church) was consecrated in 1643 by Bishop John VI. The altar contained therein was built in honor of the Immaculate Conception. Today, classical concerts are occasionally held in the church.
St. Mary's Church is the only one heated in winter, so the services in winter always take place in this church.
By PostBus from Chur to Savognin or by Rhaetian Railway to Tiefencastel and from there by PostBus to Savognin.
Take the Thusis Süd exit and continue in the direction of St. Moritz to Savognin.
At the Savognin cable cars or at the school. Please note the signs.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Savognin Bivio Albula AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.