Point of interest Surses
Parish Church of Son Giagl
Show all 4 images
The Church of St. Gallus was first mentioned in 1219 as an independent parish with its own priest. But the parish and the first church building are likely to be much older. The church building in its present form as a single-nave Romanesque structure from the construction period has been preserved:
Simple nave and choir with equally simple ribless cross vaults.
The church was reconsecrated from the Minorite Order on 3 December 1466 after major construction projects by the Auxiliary Bishop of Chur Johannes Nells. A further consecration took place in 1518. From this time comes the valuable late Gothic winged altar from the workshop of Ivo Strigel in Memmingen.
By PostBus from Chur to Bivio or by Rhaetian Railway from Chur to Tiefencastel and from there by PostBus to Bivio.
Take the Thusis Süd exit and continue in the direction of St. Moritz to Bivio.
Large parking lot at the entrance to the village behind the restaurant Guidon.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Savognin Bivio Albula AG .
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.