Felsenfest Parc Ela in Bivio | Sunday, August 4th

 

More information

Church Surses

Pfarrkirche Son Giagl

img_4kq_fbjdccai
img_4kq_fghggafi

Show all 4 images

img_4kq_fbjdcbah
The massive mass of choir, nave and tower of the Galluskirche in Bivio seems to be composed into the landscape.

Description

The St. Gallus Church was first mentioned in 1219 as an independent parish with its own priest. But the parish and the first church building are likely to be much older. The church building is likely to have been preserved in its current form as a single-nave Romanesque complex from the construction period:

Simple nave and choir with equally simple ribless cross vaults.

The church was reconsecrated on 3 December 1466 after major construction projects by the Auxiliary Bishop of Chur Johannes Nells from the Minorite Order. Another consecration took place in 1518. The valuable late Gothic winged altar from the workshop of Ivo Strigel in Memmingen dates from this period.

Directions

Public Transport

By PostBus from Chur to Bivio or by Rhaetian Railway from Chur to Tiefencastel and from there by PostBus to Bivio.

Directions

Take the Thusis Süd exit and continue in the direction of St. Moritz to Bivio.

Parken

Large parking lot at the entrance to the village behind the restaurant Guidon.

Map

Responsible for this content Tourismus Savognin Bivio Albula AG.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.