Parish Church of Son Giera
Show all 7 images
A large mix of styles characterizes this church: Romanesque ship, late Gothic choir and tower, rosary chapel and berestation from the Baroque period and porch from the end of the 19th century.
St. George's Church was first mentioned in a document around 1290. The lower part of the tower and the perimeter walls of the ship still bear witness to the Romanesque construction. The late Gothic choir (1498) and the vaulting of the main nave (1501) are both the work of Master Peter of Bamberg. The work of the Capuchins, who took care of the capuchins here from 1637-1653 and after a long interruption from 1750-1949, remains of particular importance for the history of the parish of Salouf.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Savognin Bivio Albula AG .
This content has been translated automatically.