Savognin Season Start on 10th December 2022

 

More information

Church Surses

Pfarrkirche Son Carlo Borromeo

img_4kq_feehadif
img_4kq_feehadhb

Show all 3 images

img_4kq_feehadjf
St. Roch's Chapel in Del (fraction northwest of Salouf).

Description

An important witness to the baroque building boom of 1677. With the beautiful façade and the pointed helmet on the tower. Bishop Ulrich Vl consecrated the church in 1677. The five-bay baroque hall building received the patronage of St. Carlo Borromeo. It is completed by a two-bay choir and supplemented by two side chapels. In 1980 the church was renovated.

Predecessor buildings to the present church are attested for 1392 and 1506. The 10,000 knights for the main altar and St. Gaudentius for the side altar are mentioned as patrons. Today, no traces of the building and the interior of the predecessor church can be traced. The late Gothic winged altar, last kept in the ossuary in Cunter, now adorns the altar of the St. Luzi Seminary in Chur. The five-bay baroque hall building, which was built in 1677, received the patronage of St. Carlo Borromeo. It is completed by a two-bay choir and supplemented by two side chapels. The building appears particularly bright due to the high row of windows. The high altar with a painting of God the Father in the gable as well as the pulpit with chest-like body and hall-like sound cover are a product from the construction period (last third of the 17th century). Presumably, it was the patrician families of the Underwegen, Scarpatetti and Dosch, who lived in Cunter, who gave special consideration to the old and new church building with foundations and donations, because in addition to donated church equipment, the grave slabs of several family members of the mentioned families adorn the interior of the church. During the renovation in 1980 under the supervision of the Cantonal Monument Protection Graubünden, no decisive new architectural historical data were found.

Directions

Public Transport

By PostBus from Chur to Cunter or by train from Chur to TIefencastel. From there take the PostBus to Cunter.

Directions

Take the Thusis exit and head towards Savognin.

Parken

At the old schoolhouse. Please note the signaling on site.

Map

Responsible for this content Tourismus Savognin Bivio Albula AG.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.