Pfarrkirche Son Fluregn
Show all 4 images
The structure and tower are made of concrete in solid masonry, on the outside with quarry stones from rock mining. Roof covering in natural stone slabs according to the construction method in old Marmorera.
In a protected valley was the village of Marmorera, which mentions the Carolingian imperial urbar of 831 with the name Marmoreira. A tavern was attached to him. In 1522, the construction of a new church is documented. The chaplaincy there has always been subordinate to the parish of Bivio. For centuries, Bivio, Marmorera, Avers and Ramosch belonged to the same High Court. Thus, St. Florinus, former pastor in Ramosch, was chosen as the patron saint of Marmorera. The modest church from 1522 was extended in 1808 and replaced by a new building in 1882.
From 1949 to 1954, the city of Zurich built the first earth dam in Europe in the valley of Castigl. The whole village, including the church and tower, fell victim to the reservoir of Marmorera. Before the flooding, the whole cemetery was exhumed and all graves were moved to the Maiensäss Pardela. Here above the reservoir a new settlement was built and the new Gottesacker was created on the northern edge of the reservoir. In 1964 Neu-Marmorera received a new pretty little church. The architect Tona Guetg from Savognin was entrusted with planning and execution. The Little Bell from 1640 continues to announce the song of life and resurrection with its silver voice over the waves of the lake to the ruins of the castle chapel of the Lords of Marmels.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Savognin Bivio Albula AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.