Felsenfest Parc Ela in Bivio | Sunday, August 4th

 

More information

Church Surses

Pfarrkirche Son Gudintg e Son Francestg

img_4kq_fdjihcjb
img_4kq_fdjihcjg

Show all 4 images

img_4kq_fdjihdae
The display wall, the outlines of the two transepts and the campanile form the outer elements of the simple yet pretty church below Julierstrasse.

Description

The parish in Mulegns originally belonged to Bivio, from the 17th century to Tinizong. In 1663, Mühlen separated from Tinizong and became an independent parish. This church also had a predecessor building, which was first mentioned in a document in 1520 and was dedicated to St. Gaudentius. Between 1643 and 1666, the expansion of today's plant took place in various stages. Since the consecration of 1643, St. Francis has been venerated as the second patron of the church. It is a typical baroque Capuchin church, which has been continuously looked after by the Order since its construction until today. The interior consists of a nave with two side chapels and a choir pulled far to the nave, which gives the church an almost tunnel-like character. The high altar from 1727 is built on two floors and is closed laterally by two statues of the patron saint St. Francis and St. Gaudentius.

The side altars are single-storey structures, placed on the back walls of the chapels and date from the middle of the 18th century. Restorations are reported for the years 1815, 1866, 1923 and for the last time in 1967/69. It should be remembered here that as early as 1520 the priestly Gaudentius Chapel in Mulegns always included the Visitation Chapel on Alp Faller, where the farmers had the right to graze for their cattle.

Map

Responsible for this content Tourismus Savognin Bivio Albula AG.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.