Pfarrkirche Son Lurintg
Here, too, in the village square of Riom, the show façade of the Laurentius Church, inspired by Italian models, dominates.
The Laurentiuskirche can be regarded as the oldest sanctuary of the Oberhalbstein. The oldest building on this site dates back to the 6th/7th century. Even if the patrocinium is not attested in the Middle Ages, Laurentius is later always referred to as the patron. St. Lawrence worked in Rome as archdeacon under Pope Sixtus II and suffered witness death by the sword at the time of the persecution of Christians under Emperor Valerian in 285. In art, he is depicted in the official costume of the deacon and with a rectangular wheel, because the legend tells of death on the grate.
Predecessor churches were consecrated in 1461 and 1493. Today's Baroque building was consecrated on 2 October 1677. The village fire of 1864 also affected the Laurentiuskirche. The last restorations took place in 1936 and 1955.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Savognin Bivio Albula AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.