Church Surses

Pfarrkirche Son Niclo

img_4kq_feehahhc
img_4kq_feehahej

Show all 6 images

img_4kq_feehahfc
The slender campanile with the octagonal attachment on the north side of St. Nicholas Church in Parsonz also testifies to Italian influence here.

Description

In 1156, the "colonia de Presan" appears for the first time in a written document. In the Middle Ages, Parsonz belonged ecclesiastically to Saouf, from which it broke away on 10 October.

For 1475 the consecration of a chapel in honor of St. Nicholas is attested, which is mentioned in the episcopal visitation report of 1643 and stood on the site of today's rectory. Today's baroque complex with two altars was inaugurated on 25 June 1663. At the beginning of our century, a completely inappropriate restoration took place. Finally, under pastor Gisep Baselgia and restorer Erhard Ressel, the beautiful baroque building regained its original character in 1969.

Map

Responsible for this content Tourismus Savognin Bivio Albula AG.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.