Pfarrkirche Son Plasch
The Necrologium Curiense first mentions a priest for Tinizong in 1180. It is a royal church of its own. The patron saint is St. Blaise (Plasch). His cult as a protector of cattle and advocate for throat diseases was already widespread in the early Middle Ages.
The oldest building dates back to the 9th century. Further buildings followed. The consecration of the fourth church with the patron saints of St. Blaise and Pancratius can be traced back to 1463. With the arrival of the Rhaetian Capuchin Mission in Oberhalbstein, Francesco da Vigevano took over the management of the parish of Tinizong for the period 1635-1660.
In 1610 a fire destroyed the main part of the village as well as the residential tower of the Lords of Marmels and also damaged the mentioned 4th church. The visitation report of 1623 speaks of a dilapidated, vaulted church. It can be described as a stroke of luck that with the arrival of the Rhaetian Capuchin Mission in Oberhalbstein, the constructionist Francesco da Vigevano took over the management of the parish of Tinizong for the period from 1635 - 1660.
This was followed by new buildings and a baroque scheme. In 1663, Bishop Ulrich VI de Mont consecrated the new church with the three altars from the Gothic church.
By PostBus from Chur to Tinizong or by Rhaetian Railway to Tiefencastel and from there by PostBus to Tinizong.
Take the Thusis Süd exit and continue towards St. Moritz to TInizong.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Savognin Bivio Albula AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.