Pfarrkirche Sontga Catregna
Show all 5 images
The closed settlement of Sour (Romanesque Socr, german Sur ) is located just above the Julier route at the entrance to the high-altitude Walser settlement on Alp Flix.
The history of the parish is no exception to that of the other churches of Surses. It had a predecessor building, which was mentioned in 1510 and of whose furnishings the unusually large bell from 1531, which is still preserved today, identified a name. The patron saint of the older church was St. Bartholomew. The baroque new building was built in 1663 and received St. Catherine as patroness.
Flat closed choir, nave and side chapel on the south wall characterize the interior. Due to the addition of a relatively large sacristy to the south wall in the 18th century and the massive tower on the northwest wall, whose lower floors still come from the predecessor building, the church gives a somewhat crowded impression.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Savognin Bivio Albula AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.