Val Faller: (Tga) Kapelle Maria Heimsuchung
Show all 3 images
From Mulegns you can reach the magnificent Val Faller on foot. The former year-round inhabited Walser settlement included three hamlets, Arnoz, Plang and Tga. In Tga, the main faction of the valley at the foot of the Piz Platta, stands the chapel of the Visitaziun. In 1520, the church of St. Gaudentius is mentioned for the first time, to which the visitation chapel on Alp Faller always belongs. There are still some data recorded here. First document of a representative of the Bishop of Chur in 1643. On 1 July 1669, Father Ambrogio da Fontanella and his Confrater Basilio Iseo laid the foundation stone for a new building. In 1797 the ship was extended and vaulted. Between 1983-1985, complete restoration and consecration of the new building on 6 July 1986. In the sacristy on the north side, a staircase leads to a room on the upper floor, which probably served the priest with a stove.
The church is closed, but a key can be obtained from the Mesmerin in Mulegns.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Savognin Bivio Albula AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.