Show all 4 images
Far from the settlement area, the chapel of Son Baltermia in the area of Parsonz at the foot of Piz Toissa.
The name first appears in a document in 1531 as Salschintzg. It is located on the left slope of Val da Morts on the eastern slope of Piz Toissa. Salaschings offers a comprehensive view over the Sotgôt, a part of the Oberhalbstein. The municipal border with Salouf runs through the church tower, and Salaschigns can be reached by car from Parsonz or Salouf.
The church was consecrated to St. Bartholomew and St. Mauritius. However, every year on the Sunday closest to June 13 (feast day of St. Anthony of Padua), a service is held in the church. The church is often booked for weddings because of its romantic location and views. It had its first documentary mention in 1508. Other sources say that it was built and consecrated in 1595. It was renovated in 1662 and a few years ago in several stages. The cross-vaulted choir dates from 1595, the paintings from 1662. In the rectangular nave there is a ribbed ceiling from 1660. In the high altar from 1662 is the sculpture of St. Bartholomew around 1510. The altar was renovated in 1905.
By PostBus from Chur to Cunter or by train to Tiefencastel. From there take the PostBus to Cunter. In Cunter change to the bus to Salouf, Del.
Take the Thusis exit and continue to Salouf. Continue to Del, then turn left.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Savognin Bivio Albula AG.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.