Nature trail Surses
Segantini 12: Hotel Piz Mitgel
The "Kurhaus Piz Michel" was built in 1870 by the Wasescha brothers. In addition to passport traffic, they rely on spa tourism. In the summer of 1874, the hotel advertised itself in a newspaper advertisement with the headline "Climatischer Curort Schweiningen" as an ideal place for a longer stay both for families and air couriers, as well as for tourists. The number of tourists transported via the Julier increased steadily. In 1888 there were 14,471; In 1900 already 22'706.
With the opening of the Albulaline of the Rhaetian Railway in 1903, the travel time from Chur to the Upper Engadine was reduced from 12 to 4 hours. Traffic through the Oberhalbstein collapses, in 1908 only 1527 postal passengers are transported.
After various changes of ownership, the hotel passed into the possession of the Waldegg family in 1961. It is now run by Sepp and Regina Waldegg-Noseda.
Responsible for this content Verein Parc Ela.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.