Stierva is a cluster village high above the left side of the Albula at almost 1,400 m above sea level.M. on a small sun terrace. It is located on the eastern slope of a mountain range with the Curvér Pintg da Taspegn (2,731 m above.M sea level) and the Muttner Horn (2,401 m above sea level.M.
Until 31 December 2014, Stierva was an independent political municipality. On 1 January 2015, it merged with the municipalities of Alvaneu, Alvaschein, Brienz/Brinzauls, Mon, Surava and Tiefencastel to form the new municipality of Albula/Alvra.
The former municipal boundary forms the Albula in the valley below. In addition to the village, the former community also includes the hamlet of Bargung (1540 m) and various farmsteads. The village of Stierva offers the recreation-seeking nature lover ideal conditions for a variety of activities. The guest will find an almost complete range of services with school, post office, village shop and a cozy restaurant, the Belavista, which is known for its capuns.
The late Gothic parish church of St. Mary Magdalene is characterized by a ribbed vault worth seeing and probably the most famous - also late Gothic - winged altar of Graubünden. Poetry in nature is promised by the "Veia digl Pader", a twelve-kilometre-long adventure trail from Stierva/Stürvis to Savognin, which features poems by Father Alexander Lozza (1880-1953). The poems can be accessed via the Parc Ela app. The villagescape of Stierva/Stürvis was awarded as a "townscape of national importance".
By train/bus: from Zurich to Chur with the SBB, then with the Rhaetian Railway or the Postbus to Tiefencastel and then with the Postbus to Stierva.
By car: from Basel - Zurich via Chur-Thusis-Tiefencastel to Stierva.
Responsible for this content Tourismus Savognin Bivio Albula AG .
This content has been translated automatically.